Please enter search criteria
Online Orders using Financial Aid
- Student Financial Aid as tender for online purchases of textbooks and course materials, including shipping costs for qualified students*.
- Order ahead of time and have your books ready to pick up at either the Bend or Redmond location.
- There is a normal 24 hour turnaround time for fulfilling online orders.
*Some 3rd Party providers will not cover shipping costs, please check with your specific 3rd Party advisor before using bookstore credit to pay for shipping charges.
Textbook/Merchandise Orders will be Shipped
- Textbook orders are shipped within two to three business days after date received (assuming the books are in stock).
- Domestic ground shipping (3-5 business days), International ground shipping (6-10 business days).
- All orders (domestic or international) are shipped UPS ground. Shipping charges: $14.95 base rate; plus $1.50 per item and a $3.50 non-refundable handling fee.
- If we are out of stock on one or more of the titles on your requested textbook list, you will need to re-order the cancelled books or come into the bookstore at a later date to purchase them as we do not hold backorders.
Gift Card Orders will be Shipped
- Gift cards are shipped USPS - $3.00 per gift card.
- Gift cards shipped (UPS 2nd Day Air) - $20.00
Orders that are picked up In-Store
- Pick-Up orders should be ready within two to three business days after the order is received. A confirmation email will be sent when your order is ready to be picked up (Assuming the item ordered is in stock).
- A non-refundable handling fee of $3.50 is added to each order.
- Your credit card will be charged when your order is packed and ready to be picked up.
- The person designated to pick up the order must bring the confirmation email and their identification.
- If we are out of stock on one or more of the titles on your requested textbook list, you will need to re-order the cancelled books or come into the bookstore at a later date to purchase them as we do not hold back-orders.
- Orders not pick-up after the first two weeks of the school term will be restocked. The original credit card will be credited for the amount of the order, less the non-refundable handling fee.
- Any orders placed after the first two weeks of the term will be held for 10 business days, and then restocked and refund for 50% amount of the order, less the non-refundable handling fee.
Please refer to your current term class schedule when looking up your textbook needs to ensure that you choose the correct titles for your classes. We try to keep the website accurate, but cannot guarantee accuracy at all times.
Please do not purchase books for classes that you are not already enrolled in.
Content and pricing is subject to change at any time, without notice.
If the student has an outstanding balance with the College, the credit will be applied to the student's account; otherwise, refunds will be rendered in the tender purchased. If purchased with a check, a check will be mailed to the student in a timely manner (usually within 10 days). Check are processed through COCC’s Cashiering Office. Purchases made by third party credit and/or bookstore credit will be credited to the student's account immediately. Purchases made by credit card must be applied to the same credit card – and may take up to 3-5 business days to be processed by individual banks. The cash register receipt must accompany all refunds and exchanges - NO EXCEPTIONS. Your receipt is an official tax document. It is very important that you retain your receipt because the Bookstore cannot guarantee the ability to reprint your receipt and you will need it if you ever need to return an item.
Clearance Item Policy
No refund on clearance items.
Full refunds on textbooks will be allowed during the first two weeks of classes, during Fall, Winter and Spring term, ending the second Friday of each term. Full refunds on textbooks will be allowed during the first week of classes, during Summer term, ending the first Friday of each term. No textbook refunds will be excepted after these time periods.
Refunds for textbooks purchased after the first two weeks of classes MUST be made within 24 hours of purchase and will only be allowed if the book is wrong, defective, or the student drops the class within that 24 hours.
Must be returned in same condition as when purchased, free of markings, underlining, soil marks or erasures. Water damaged books will not be accepted.
E-book Refund Policy:
The COCC Bookstore can issue a refund if the student has not yet downloaded any of the e-book or activated any additional online resources associated with the e-book. E-book vendor must also approve the return. These books are also required to follow the standard return deadlines for hard-copy textbooks (see above).
Packages without software may be refunded if all items in the bundle are in new, unopened, sellable condition.
Packages that include computer disks or supplemental booklets, etc. must be returned in original, UNOPENED packaging for a refund. Otherwise, they do not qualify for a refund. Refunds are NOT given on textbooks or packages with software or access codes if the software or code has been opened.
Supplies & Merchandise
All clothing and non-textbook items are refundable only if they are in their original package, in new sellable condition, unworn, accompanied by the original sales receipt and returned within 10 days of original purchase date.
Check Acceptance Policy
A current Driver’s License or Current COCC I.D. are REQUIRED to pay by check. Checks must be bank printed and written for the amount of purchase only. No temporary or third party checks are accepted. There is a 10- business day waiting period for a refund on merchandise purchased by check.
Credit Card Acceptance Policy
Central Oregon Community College Bookstore accepts VISA , MasterCard and Discover credit/debit cards. A valid Oregon Driver’s License or COCC ID card is required for identification and signature verification purposes only. The person who’s name appears on the card must be present.
Cash Purchasing Policy
All cash refunds are processed according to the Bookstore’s Refund Policy (see above). Merchandise and Textbooks must be returned by return deadline to qualify.
No refunds on textbooks purchased during finals. Books may be sold back to the Bookstore at the end of each term (during finals). The Bookstore will make an effort to Buy Back as many texts as possible from COCC students. It is not an obligation on the part of the Bookstore, but a special service we perform to help keep the cost of books down. Check posted signs for dates and times.
How books qualify for buyback:
For a book to be bought back by the Central Oregon Community College Bookstore, all of the following conditions must be met:
- The book is needed for the COCC Bookstore inventory for the next term.
- The book is in the correct edition, volume, etc. and in good condition (limited writing and underlining are permissible in most texts). No water damaged books will be accepted.
- The COCC Bookstore will not buy back workbooks, study guides, syllabi, course packs, or supplementary related materials. Some exceptions may occur.
The book will then be purchased at up to 50% of the purchase price. The COCC Bookstore regrets it cannot buy back all books. Final determination of the condition and resale value of a textbook shall be made by Bookstore Management.