Online Orders using Financial Aid
- To use your Student Financial Aid or 3rd Party funds as tender for online purchases you log into bookstore website using your COCC email address, and your 820 number as your password. You cannot access your bookstore credit funds logged in as a guest. You can order textbooks, course materials and merchandise and school supplies. Your bookstore credit funds also cover shipping costs for qualified students. Please be aware if you are using bookstore credit funds from a private vendor, such as VA or Trade Act, some restrictions may apply to your purchases. Please check with your vendor contact person before ordering. The bookstore website does not block purchases based on tender type.
- Order ahead of time and have your books ready to pick up at either the Bend or Redmond location. Online orders can also be shipped via UPS to the Madras or Prineville campuses for pick up for a reduced shipping charge, as well. For Spring term 2021, the pick up options for the Redmond campus will be available starting March 10th. Deliveries to the Redmond Campus will take place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to 5pm, starting the week of March 10th. Please note the Bend and Redmond campus will be closed Monday, May 31st.
- There is a 24 hour turnaround time for fulfilling online orders. Please note, however, online orders are not processed on weekends. You will receive a second confirmation email from the bookstore when your order is processed and ready for pick up.
*Some 3rd Party providers will not cover shipping costs, please check with your specific 3rd Party contact before using bookstore credit to pay for shipping charges.
Textbook/Merchandise Orders to be Shipped
- Textbook orders are shipped within one to two business days after date received.
- All orders use UPS ground shipping (3-5 business days), local orders normally take one to two business days. International ground shipping (6-10 business days).
- All orders (domestic or international) are shipped UPS Ground. Shipping charges: $14.95 base rate; plus $1.50 per item and a $3.50 non-refundable handling fee.
- If we are out of stock on one or more of the titles on your requested textbook list you will be notified. You will need to re-order the cancelled books or come into the bookstore at a later date to purchase them as we do not hold back-orders.
- Please notify the bookstore in the notes field of your order if your shipping address cannot receive UPS Ground shipments, so we can make other arrangements with you.
Gift Card Orders will be Shipped
- Gift cards are shipped USPS - $3.00 per gift card.
- Gift cards shipped (UPS 2nd Day Air) - $20.00
Orders that are picked up In-Store
- Pick-Up orders should be ready within one to two business days after the order is received. A confirmation email will be sent when your order is ready to be picked up.
- Curb side pick up will be available at the rear of Newberry Hall, where the bookstore is located. Redmond order pick up will be inside Building Three, at the information counter. Both locations are open 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- A non-refundable handling fee of $3.50 is added to each order.
- Your credit card will be charged when your order is packed and ready to be picked up.
- The person designated to pick up the order at the bookstore must bring the confirmation email and their identification.
- Orders not pick-up after the first two weeks of the school term will be restocked. The original credit card will be credited for the amount of the order, less the non-refundable handling fee.
- Any orders placed after the first two weeks of the term will be held for 10 business days, and then restocked and refunded.
Please refer to your current term class schedule when looking up your textbook needs to ensure that you choose the correct titles for your classes. We try to keep the website accurate, but cannot guarantee accuracy at all times.
Content and pricing is subject to change at any time, without notice.
Refunds will be returned to the tender type used for purchase. If purchased with a check, a check will be mailed to the student in a timely manner (usually within 10 days). Checks are processed through COCC’s Cashiering Office. Purchases made by third party credit and/or bookstore credit will be credited to the student's account immediately. Purchases made by credit card must be applied to the same credit card – and may take up to 3-5 business days to be processed by individual banks. The cash register receipt or online order invoice must accompany all refunds and exchanges - NO EXCEPTIONS. Your receipt is an official tax document. It is very important that you retain your receipt because the Bookstore cannot guarantee the ability to reprint your receipt and you will need it if you ever need to return an item.
Clearance Item Policy
No refund on clearance items.
Full refunds on textbooks will be allowed during the first two weeks of classes, ending with the second Friday of each term. No textbook refunds will be excepted after these time periods.The last day for refunds for Spring term is, Friday, April 9th at 5pm.
Refunds for textbooks purchased after the first two weeks of classes MUST be made within 24 hours of purchase and will only be allowed if the book is wrong, defective, or the student drops the class within that 24 hours.
Must be returned in same condition as when purchased, free of markings, underlining, soil marks or erasures. All textbooks shrink-wrapped must be returned unopened, and without using the access codes. Water damaged books will not be accepted.
E-book Refund Policy:
The COCC Bookstore can issue a refund if the student has not yet downloaded any of the e-book or activated any additional online resources associated with the e-book. E-book vendor must also approve the return. These books are also required to follow the standard return deadlines for hard-copy textbooks (see above).
Packages without software may be refunded if all items in the bundle are in new, unopened, sellable condition.
Packages that include computer disks or supplemental booklets, etc. must be returned in original, UNOPENED packaging for a refund. Otherwise, they do not qualify for a refund. Refunds are NOT given on textbooks or packages with software or access codes if the software or code has been opened.
Supplies & Merchandise
All clothing and non-textbook items are refundable only if they are in their original package with tags attached, in new saleable condition, unworn, accompanied by the original sales receipt and returned within 10 business days of the original purchase date.
Check Acceptance Policy
A current Driver’s License or Current COCC I.D. are REQUIRED to pay by check. Checks must be bank printed and written for the amount of purchase only. No cash back is available for transactions. No temporary or third party checks are accepted. There is a 10- business day waiting period for a refund on textbooks or merchandise purchased by check.
Credit Card Acceptance Policy
Central Oregon Community College Bookstore accepts VISA , MasterCard and Discover credit/debit cards.The bookstore does not accept American Express. No cash back is available for transactions.
Cash Purchasing Policy
All cash refunds are processed according to the Bookstore’s Refund Policy (see above). Merchandise and Textbooks must be returned by return deadline to qualify.
Books may be sold back to the Bookstore at the end of each term (during finals week). The Bookstore will make an effort to buy back as many texts as possible from COCC students. Check the website and posted signs for dates and times.
The Central Oregon Community College Bookstore purchases back textbooks that are being used by the college for the following term. New and used textbooks need to be in good to excellent condition to be bought back for resale in the bookstore.
For Spring term 2021, the bookstore is closed to the public. You may use the link below to sell your textbooks online.
You can also sell your books 365 days a year through this link to our textbook partner.